Minecraft is one of the most popular games that is usually played by most of the people. Not only in India it is played widely that is all over the world. The developers keep releasing a new edition of the game to get the latest content and editions you must need to update the Minecraft. Although Minecraft windows 10 edition updates automatically when we launch Minecraft still many times it requires manual attention to updating.
Updating to the latest version of Minecraft plays a vital role in the game’s stability and new content. If it is not getting updated even after restarting it then you must update it manually. If you also want to update Minecraft in Windows 10 then you are in the right place. This article is all about how to update Minecraft in windows 10.
There are various ways to update Minecraft this article will let you know about these types.
How to Update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
For updating Minecraft in Windows 10 you need to make sure that your Minecraft is of Windows 10 version that can be easily updated via Microsoft store. But Minecraft Pocket edition can be updated itself via Windows store. But before updating the Minecraft Windows 10 you need to update the latest version of Windows 10.
If Windows 10 version is installed on your device then you need to follow some basic steps to update Minecraft manually. These steps are:
- Initially go to the start menu.
- Then run the Microsoft store
- Now, see the top right corner and you will find the three dots icon hit on the box and choose downloads and updates.
- Tick the Get updates icon to complete the steps.
When you are done with it, Microsoft store will check and install the latest version of all the apps you have installed from the store earlier, including Minecraft. When you completed the installation of the latest version of apps, a message opens in front of your stats that you have completed the process. Now you are completed with the installation of Minecraft update in windows 10.
What if the Minecraft for Windows 10 will not update
If your Minecraft for Windows 10 doesn’t work then uninstall it and reinstall afresh. For reinstalling Minecraft for windows 10 move to the settings application then apps & features, then the list of the application appears in front of you which are installed in your system. Select Minecraft for Windows 10 and click on Uninstall. And after that, you need to reinstall it and for reinstallation, the Minecraft go to the Microsoft store and search for Minecraft for Windows 10 and finally hit it off on the Get button. That will surely work with the latest version of Minecraft for Windows 10.
You can also use another way to reinstall the Minecraft. You need to follow some steps for that:
- Press the Windows logo key + R together.
- Now type appwiz.cpl in the box and hit enter.
- Now, right-click on the Minecraft and click uninstall
- Then, press the Windows logo key + E together to open the file explorer.
- Now in the address bar type %Appdata% and hit enter
- Search for the Minecraft folder and delete it.
- At last, go to the official website of Minecraft and download the latest version.
- Install it and operate the program to check.
What if the Minecraft is not in the list of apps in Microsoft store
If the Minecraft windows 10 is not in the index of downloaded apps then there will be chances that you have installed Minecraft either from the other source than Microsoft store or other edition of Microsoft. So, in that case, you have to delete your latest Minecraft and download it again from the Microsoft store.
2nd method Reset Minecraft
If the above method doesn’t work then you can go for this option reset Minecraft. To reset Minecraft you need to follow some steps:
- Together press the Windows logo key + I and click on settings.
- Now click apps.
- Look at the left and choose apps and features.
- Now search for Minecraft in the right panel.
- Select Minecraft and click on advanced options, now click reset.
- At last, go to the Microsoft Store and check for the updates.
With this method, you definitely can fix the issue.
When updating Minecraft what to do if an error appears
When you are updating your Minecraft if you get the error message with the code 0x800704990. That error code occurs due to the postdated Windows. In that case, you need to check if your Windows 10 is upgraded. To check the updates you need to follow some basic steps:
- Initially go to the start menu
- Now, find and click windows update settings
- hit on check for updates icon
- Then check for the newest Windows upgrades available
- Now upgrade your Windows 10.
Now, when you complete with your Windows 10 update try to update a new Minecraft for Windows 10.
If any of the methods don’t work to updating Minecraft in Windows 10 then you must contact the Minecraft customer service and ask for help by telling them the queries. Till then you can use its alternative as a temporary solution by operating Minecraft by Bluestacks and Andyroid on the Windows 10 PC.