Yes, many of you are facing the issue of uninstalling chromium. Chromium is a free web browser and used by many Windows 10 users even though people face problems in uninstalling chromium. Studies say that it’s becoming a massive problem for many users, as they cannot uninstall it traditionally.
Although we can consider this issue as a simple installation glitch; however, if it involves malware, it can turn out to be a severe problem for you. If you cannot uninstall Chromium, we suggest you follow a few guides and steps to remove it from your system. In the future, you can again download a copy of chromium.
Therefore, in this content, we will help you uninstall Chromium on your pc and few suggestions for protecting against chromium malware.
What is Chromium?
Chromium is a web browser that is easily accessible to everyone and is easy to use. An open-source web browser means that anyone can use it for searching purposes. Chromium was developed by Google, therefore making it a handy application for the users. A highly used application, google chrome was designed using its code as the source code.
First of all, chromium is not a duplicate app; however, there can be malware that can pretend to be chromium. Since it’s open-source, which makes it easily available for everyone so there is a risk that anybody can use its code, modify it and upload it on the internet.
Is Chromium Browser is a malware
If you have downloaded the chromium malware, then you won’t be able to remove chromium because of its changed version. Therefore, in that case, follow these guides to delete the chromium malware from your system.
Chromium Won’t Uninstall on Windows 10 (Fixed)
How to Uninstall chromium using the control panel.
1- Go to the control panel and select uninstall.
2– Now select chromium from the menu and click the uninstall option.
3– Tap uninstall in the dialogue box.
4- Go to the App Data folder and delete the chromium folder.
5– Go to the Recycle bin and delete all the chromium folders.
6– After completing all the processes, and again start your computer.
Earlier, if you have tried to uninstall chromium from Windows 10-5 times without any prior knowledge, then you should follow these steps to remove it.
Signs of chromium malware
Many of us are there who have no idea to check if there is chromium malware in your device or not. There are few signs to check if you doubt your web browser. Down here is a list of signs seen in your device if you have chromium malware on your pc.
1. You must have installed chromium disguised as malware.
There is much chromium-based malware like Bobroswer, efast, Pelikan. Here are only a few of them.
2. Your system installed the chromium without letting you know about it.
If you see chromium in your application list, even if you never installed it, there can be a chance that a malicious application downloaded it.
3. Default browser must have changed to chromium.
If you see that all the links open up in chromium app, then it means that your web browser has converted to it.
4. You notice a lot of ads coming up while using some application or browsing.
These ads often make you install applications that can be malware.
5. Your default web browser has been changed even when you didn’t do it.
There can be a chance that your search engine gets converted to some other site. Here it might be a chance that you are using malware.
If you see any of the signs on your device, here are some methods that can help you eliminate it and provide you risk-free chromium. It can turn out to be very beneficial for your pc as it gives you a risk-free page to reinstall the chromium application.
Solution 1 – Stop the running chromium and uninstall manually
There can be a situation that you are unable to remove chromium because of the processes working in the background. It happens many times while uninstalling other applications too. To make this happen, you need to stop the chromium processes running in the background, then try deleting again.
- Click on empty area in the taskbar, select task manager from the menu. Then use the Ctrl + Shift + Esc shortcut key.
- After the task manager shows in, tap on the more details option in the bottom-left.
- On the ‘process‘ tab, set and click on chromium.
- Now click on the end task button on the bottom-right corner of the window. Once the chromium gets deleted, you can uninstall the app through Settings-apps.
Solution 2 – Uninstall chromium from the control panel
Rather than uninstalling chromium from windows 10-5 times using the settings app or shortcuts, it’s better to use the control panel. You can uninstall chromium in this way.
1- Type the windows + R key on the keypad to start the run application.
2- Type ‘control,’ then tap ‘ok’ or press through the keyboard. It will move you to the control panel.
3- Check that you can see all the control panel list.
4- Click on programs and features from the list available.
5- Find chromium and click on it. Select uninstall, then go with the screen instructions to uninstall the application.
Solution 3- Remove the chromium user document
Each application on your pc stores your user data like username etc. So, if chromium refuses to uninstall, you can delete the user data folder and try to remove the software again.
You can follow these steps-
- Click on the Windows + R key on the keyboard to launch the run application.
- Write “%app data%” as the input and click on ok. This step will bring you to the file manager and send it to the App Data folder.
- Set the chromium folder.
- Click on the chromium and delete.
- Again, click on the Windows + R key shortcut and type “%local app data%.”
- Now delete the chromium folder here.
- Move to the desktop and delete the Recycle bin. It will delete all the file of the user information from the folder.
We hope that you can uninstall chromium from your devices easily. You can follow the steps mentioned to get rid of the malicious app. You can fix it if chromium doesn’t uninstall on Windows.