Fortnite, presented by Epic Games, introduced a virtual world where millions of people spend their time and their money playing the game, to survive in it. Fortnite was released in 2017. This is one of the most popular battles royal games in the market today that is played by millions of people around the world and this game earns tens of millions of dollars yearly just by selling skins. It doesn’t matter how interesting the game could be, but still there comes a time where we feel the need to uninstall the game. Maybe the reason is we want to reinstall the game or we want to install the game on a different system. So, for that, we need to uninstall it.
There are so many reasons for which users opt to uninstall the games. Maybe they don’t want to play that game anymore or they might have performance issues or they want to free up space in the system. One of the main factors for the uninstallation of this game is that it consumes a lot of RAM which results in the laggy system which anyone will not want to play on.
For the installation of Fortnite, the process is as simple as the installation process. This process has been made simple through the Epic Games Launcher or you can uninstall the game manually using any special installation software.
Also Read – Best Uninstaller Software for Windows 10
4 Ways to Uninstall Fortnite On Windows 10
So in this article, you will find How to uninstall Fortnite windows 10 through Epic Games Launcher.
Uninstall Fortnite through Epic Game Launcher
- Epic Games Launcher is a software that is used to launch Fortnite. This software allows you to install As well as uninstall games including Fortnite.
- First, open the epic game launcher in your system. Then go to the library section in the left pane.
- Then you will find the Fortnite game in the list
- Then, click on the settings on the fortnight thumbnail, then a window will pop up and in the pop-up window select the option to uninstall the game.
- After this, click on the uninstall again in the next window.
Uninstall Epic Game Launcher using special software
Suppose you used Epic Game Launcher only for the Fortnite game and you don’t need it now. Then the most convenient way to uninstall the launcher is by using special software for the uninstallation. There are many software’s available in the market but you will learn how to uninstall Epic Games launcher by using IObit uninstaller. IO bit Uninstaller is one of the best uninstallers available in the market.
- Launch the IObit uninstaller. Then switch to the all programs tab.
- Search for the Epic Games Launcher and also search for Launcher Prerequisites in the list given select them.
- Now click on the uninstall button at the top right corner.
- In the pop-up window please select both checkboxes so that the restore point can be created and the residuals are cleared after the uninstallation process.
Click on Uninstall
If the program is in the database of IObit uninstaller, IObit uninstaller automatically deletes all the residuals. To make sure that all the files and residuals are removed, you have to clean the registry.
To clean the registry, click on the start button and type ‘Regedit in the search box. Now you will find the registry editor in the list. Right-click on that and click on Run as Administrator.
Once you go to the main registry menu, click edit and then click find. In the pop-up window, type Fortnite in the search box and click Find Next. Now once you find a Fortnite file in the list, right-click on that file and select ‘delete.
Now press F3 to go to the next registry file that is associated with Fortnite and delete that file. Repeat the process until all the files associated with Fortnite are deleted. After all the files are deleted, you will find a ‘Registry search complete message. After the uninstall is complete, you can perform standard disk cleaning to check how much space has been free up.
Uninstalling Fortnite does not mean that your data and your progress in the game are lost. Once you log in with your account on another computer, you will get your game progress where you left off. So, the game is uninstalled from your system but your game data is still there. If you wish to delete your game data or you wish to delete your account permanently, then you can delete by scrolling down to the Delete Account section and then click on the Request Account Delete option by verifying OTP sent on your email address.
Uninstall Fortnite completely from PS4
- Search for Fortnite in the games library.
- Now, select Fortnite from the list and press the options button on the controller.
- From the menu, choose ‘Delete’ and select OK.
Uninstall Fortnite from Xbox One
- Go to ‘My games and apps tile in your dashboard.
- Select ‘Fortnite’ from the games library and press the menu button on the controller.
- From the next menu, select uninstall.
How to uninstall Fortnite from Nintendo Switch
- First of all, go to Fortnite on the home screen.
- Now, press the + button for game options.
- From the menu, select ‘Manage Software
- Now, select the option to delete.
- In the next popup, confirm the delete.
- Hence the process is completed