If you are a Windows 10 user, you must have faced the issue of recovering data. Various methods are there to recover your data in Windows 10. The most common way is to recover data from the recycle bin. Backups, deleted file recovery applications can be helpful to get your permanently deleted files. Therefore, even if you have lost your data permanently, there is a way to restore that data. Further, we will talk about how to restore your data in any of the conditions you lost your data.
Recover Permanently Deleted Files In Windows 10
How To Recover Permanently Deleted Files In Windows 10
You might have deleted all the files permanently to restore that; you can use third-party software that can help you restore data if you have deleted the file without moving it in the recycling bin.
EaseUS Data Recovery Software is the best option that will recover your files and data that you have lost accidentally or deleted permanently. EaseUS is a software that deals with all the issues of data recovery. It can help you restore your data if you have lost it due to a virus attack, formatting, system crash. It deals with all such issues, so it can turn out to be a great helper for your Windows 10. EaseUS data recovery software has a high-level algorithm to scan each data unit to restore it in your system file. Let’s check out how you can use this software to get back your permanently deleted data.
Firstly download this software tool from here
- Thoroughly check from which location or disk you have lost your data. Scan that particular folder or drive to head for the next step.
- Let the scanning process complete; after it’s done, check all the files and data you want to restore.
- After selecting the files, recover the file and move it to another location rather than the original one. You can select as many files as you want.
- Please don’t move the files to the same location as where you lost it. It can cause overwriting of data, so it’s better to move it to another drive. After you recover the data, move the file from one drive to the other preferred location.
How to restore your data in Windows 10
- To recover your data, go to the recycling bin and change the recycling bin’s setting so that you can restore the data easily.
- Try to recover the file from the system file restore.
- Recover deleted data of the earlier versions in Windows 10.
How to recover files using recycle bin in Windows
While deleting your data, you must have shifted it to the recycle bin. So, in that case, it’s easy to recover your data from it. If you want to delete the data permanently, click on the ‘remove data from recycle bin’ option. If you are doing this, you won’t be able to recover files from the recycle bin. So, remember to do it accordingly. Let’s check how you can restore data from the recycle bin.
- Go on the recycle bin option and select all the files you want to restore. Click on the selected files and restore them to the folder or drive you to store them.
- Through this, your files will go back to their previous location. You can also change the location of the files if you want to.
Learn to recover data using recycle bin
- Click on the icon on the Window page.
- Now open the files from the menu.
- Select the files you want to restore from the recycle bin.
- Now single-click on the selected files and restore the files.
- Your files will move back to the previous location. You can change the file location by shifting it to the other folder.
- You can also move or drag the selected files from the recycle bin to the other preferred location.
Way to restore files from the old version
There is an option to restore permanently deleted data even if you don’t want to use third-party software. You can recover the same deleted files of the old version using the free backup or built-in restore feature in Windows 10. Let’s learn how to use this feature in Windows 10-
- Open the recycle bin and click on the history button.
- Now you will see all the files stored in the history with the backup option.
- Recover all the files you want to have in your drives by clicking on the previous button.
- Move it to the previous location on your PC.
Till here, we have discussed all the methods you can perform to restore your data in any of the cases. After you delete the data, it all moves to the recycle bin. From there, you can easily get your data back in your drive in Windows 10.
Let’s talk about where the data goes after deleting the file.
As we discussed, as you delete the files, it all goes in the recycle bin from where you can retrieve the data.
Have you ever thought about what happens to the permanently deleted data.? To delete the files permanently, you have to select that particular file and click shift + delete through the keyboard. In this case, you can’t restore the data from the recycle bin. You can check out the ways mentioned above to get your data back. It’s not necessary to run these methods only for your PC. The above methods retrieve your data from USB, memory card, hard drive.
Tips to remember when you retrieve your permanently deleted data
- Remember not to use any other external memory when you lost your data from Windows 10.
- It’s important because as you delete the file, it removes the file directory of the data.
- Until you don’t fill the free space with any other data, you can restore it, making the same file directory. This way is not that effective with USB drives, memory cards.
You must have learned the ways to recover your data in Windows 10. If you accidentally delete your data, you can restore it from the recycle bin. It’s very important to check the data after you restore it, make sure you have all the data. Do check your backup regularly if you have it so that it’s simple for you to get the data in Windows 10.
You can also check EaseUS software to retrieve your lost data and files through the scanning process. I hope this article would have helped you to restore your essential documents and files.