Avast company has millions of users worldwide. This company provides some other products apart from the antivirus, to the users which are necessary for the systems running the Windows. The products include VPN, web browsers, and Driver Updater named Avast Driver Updater. So, we will now look at the Avast Driver Updater review.
Avast Driver Updater Review
Avast Driver Updater scans your PC for the outdated drivers and installs the drivers for your PC. Avast Driver Updater has most of the drivers required by the Windows PC. That means all the drivers you need will be probably found and installed by this software. You can also take a backup of the drivers which are already installed on your PC.
The interface of the Avast Driver Updater is minimal. I.e. very simple. You have basic computer knowledge, you can explore the software without any problem. You can see 7 options in the Main Menu named has a home, options restore, backup, scan, results, and support. You can switch between the tabs very easily.
You start the software with the Home section and then you can continue the process. Besides that, you have the Start Scan option.
When you press the Start Scan option, you are taken to the Scan section. Here the avast driver updater searches for all the drivers which are present in your system. Once the scanning is complete, you can check the drivers which are outdated and also you can update the drivers. The software is also capable of taking a backup of the existing drivers on your Windows machine.
Features of Avast Driver Updater
- Avast Driver Updater provides a user-friendly interface which is very helpful in updating the drivers to those who don’t have much knowledge of computers.
- The software supports all versions of Windows.
- Provides you with the support for the updation of all the drivers on your PC including video card sound cards.
- It searches for outdated missing or corrupted drivers also.
- It uses minimal resources in the system which does not pay any load to the PC.
- Updates the drivers within no time and also the drivers which gets updated from authorized websites
Installation of Avast Driver Updater
The installation process for the Avast driver updater is very simple. Go to the official website of Avast and download the executable file for the Avast driver updater. Once the installation file has been downloaded on the system, run the application and select the installation path. Follow the on-screen instructions and once the installation is complete, you can run the software.
Once the software has been installed on your computer, run the software and start scanning. The software will automatically scan all the drivers present in your system and will check for updates if required. In the trial version, you can only check for the driver update. If you want to download the updated drivers, then you need to purchase the full version of the software.
Once you click on the scan button, the software will check for the updates for your drivers and for that you will see the results of the updates in the update section on the software.
Avast Driver Updater Pricing
If we talk about the pricing of the Avast driver updater, we have two different methods.
1. Try 30-day free trial available and then pay.
2. In the other method, you can buy a subscription for the Avast driver updater.
You have 3 subscription options for the Avast driver updater.
- $39.99 for 1 year,
- $79.99 for two years,
- $109.99 for 3 years.
If you are not satisfied with the services from Avast or this software, there is a 30-day money-back guarantee.
If you want to get access to full features in Avast then you need to buy a subscription for the software.
The free trial of the software only scans for the drivers which are outdated and it does not update the device drivers on your computer. You need to buy a paid license so that you can get access to the pro features
The basic version of the software provides access to only one device and that costs $49.
We’ve listed out the specifications of the Avast Driver Updater.
Let’s take a look.
- Latest version- v2.5.6
- OS- Windows XP to Windows 10.
- File size- 1.4 MB
- Number of languages- 13
- Driver database- 500,000
- Price- $39.99 for 1 year, $79.99 for 2 years, and $109.99 for 3 years
- Additional features- Single click backup, restore, update.
- Money-Back Guarantee- 30 days
Pros and Cons
- Avast provides automatic driver updates.
- You can take a backup of the drivers and also can restore the drivers.
- Resource consumption is low as compared to other software.
- Provides a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with Avast services.
- If the newer driver does not work, or if you want the older version of the driver, this software can rollback the previous driver.
The software has the benefits also but also it has some drawbacks too.
- Avast Driver Updater does not come with a free version.
- Only provides support for Windows. It does not support MacOS or Android.
- Fewer features as compared to other similar software.
- It does not show the source from which the drivers are installed.
Is Avast driver updater safe?
Many of the user’s doubt, Is Avast driver updater safe?
The answer is Yes. The Avast Driver Updater has access to a file that has 500,000 up-to-date drivers. Moreover, the original drivers are downloaded from the authorized websites making it more secure.
When you start scanning, the software automatically analyses the drivers installed on your system. Hope you got the answer for Is Avast driver updater safe?.
Is Avast driver updater worth it?
Avast driver updater keeps your Windows up to date which means when the computer is updated, it becomes fully functional. If there are some bugs or glitches, then Avast driver Updater provides automatic updates.
What is the best free driver updater?
Avast Driver Updater is probably not. Because the free version of this software provides the support to scan the drivers which are outdated. For the update or installation of new drivers, you need to purchase the full version of the software. The free version does not update the drivers.
Is Avast driver updater free?
The Avast Driver Updater has a free version, but it only scans your PC for the outdated or missing drivers, but it does not update the drivers. To update the drivers, you need to purchase the full version.
This was the Avast Driver Updater review. You can choose the software as per your requirements