Do you know that antivirus programs can sometimes consume too many system resources? This can cause your Windows system to lag while exhibiting slower and poor performance. Therefore, it is prudent to use a lightweight antivirus nowadays so that your Windows PC receives round-the-clock protection from malware attacks and zero-day threats.
Virus protection software is developed with the goal of evaluating data from web pages, apps, and other programs. They are equipped to identify malware and neutralise or delete them immediately. Modern-day antivirus offers real-time protection from worms, Trojans, hacking, phishing attempts, spyware, DDoS attacks, ransomware, crypto-jacking, keyloggers, etc.
In this blog, we represent the ten best lightweight antivirus solutions that can offer advanced protection to your Windows PC while keeping your system fast, conserving power, preserving battery life, and consuming lesser CPU resources.
Best Lightweight Antivirus For Windows 11,10, 8 and 7 PC
We have curated a list of 10 antivirus programs that are smaller in size and create a lesser burden on the CPU resources.
McAfee, an American global computer security software company by John McAfee, offers top-notch antivirus software that can defend your Windows PC from ransomware attacks, various forms of advanced malware, crypto-jacking, etc. The McAfee Total Protection antivirus solution offers home network security, PC optimization, password manager, and safe browsing features.
Key features of McAfee Total Protection
- This antivirus solution provides bank-grade encryption to protect the personal data of users.
- It comes with a Wi-Fi scanning feature, smart firewall, and anti-phishing feature.
- This antivirus can also offer identity theft protection.
- You can also shred your confidential files and encrypt your personal data with file shredder and file encryption facilities.
Price: $69.99/year for an unlimited number of devices
Avast is a Czech multinational cybersecurity software enterprise founded in 1988 by Pavel Baudiš and Eduard Ku?era. Avast Free Antivirus is the second-best lightweight antivirus on our list because it has an excellent threat-detection network. Besides this, it offers real-time scanning of data and files, interactive interfaces, and a lot more. It offers special security provisions to gamers and movie buffs who might be often visiting unsafe sites.
Key features of Avast Free Antivirus
- This tool can prevent malware attacks, phishing attempts, and ransomware attacks effectively.
- A password encryption facility can protect user passwords.
- It is equipped with deep learning, an intelligent scanning system, and data analytical methods.
- It can run real-time scans and monitor PC activities round the clock.
Price: $49.99/year for 10 devices
3. Systweak Antivirus
Systweak Antivirus is another lightest antivirus software for windows PC. This tool has 3 types of scanning mode Quick Scan, Deep Scan and Custom Scan which can help you to find the hidden threats from the PC.
Systweak antivirus is able to protect your pc from real-time attacks. Additionally, it provides the major extension for blocking intrusive online ads for a seamless experience.
Key features of Systweak Antivirus
- The real-time protection of this lightweight antivirus would detect adware, threats, apps and virus that might try to sneak past your system security.
- It would detect and remove the malicious startup items for securing your system.
- The tool helps in maintaining the history log of all the threats detected.
- Individual package is priced at $39.95.
- Multi-Device package is priced at $49.95
- Family package is priced at $59.95.
4. Bitdefender Total Security
This is a Romanian cybersecurity technology company, which was launched in 2001 by Florin Talpes. Bitdefender Total Security is definitely regarded as the antivirus solution for the next generation as it relies on artificial intelligence and machine learning. This antivirus program runs in the background seamlessly to protect your Windows system against modern-day cybersecurity threats.
Key features of Bitdefender Total Security
- It offers webcam protection and prevents scammers from prodding into your life.
- Monitors and offers protection against the dark web.
- Offers multi-layered protection to safeguard against all forms of cybersecurity issues.
- Comes with an in-built password manager.
Price: $40.21/year for 10 devices
5. Avira Free Security
Whatever you do on your PC, a lightweight antivirus tool should be able to secure you from all kinds of invasion. In such a case, you can count on Avira. This secures your system from various virus threats and blocks infected websites, intrusive ads, and browser trackers.
Additionally, if you sign anywhere using your password, Avira would ensure that it is private. Also, the system would speed up the boost time through the cleaning of the junk files and reducing the lags.
Key features of Avira
- Secures one against unwanted applications (PUAs) that are commonly hidden within the legitimate software.
- The lightweight antivirus tool will optimize the firewall settings that are based on the required level of security.
- This is the best lightweight antivirus tool that secures one from all types of malicious web content and even phishing sites.
- It will scan the email attachments for checking the malware and the harmful links.
- Avira Antivirus Pro priced at $44.99
- Avira Internet Security that is priced at $57.99.
6. 360 Total Security
Launched in 2008, 360 Safeguard is a Chinese internet security company. Not only does this antivirus solution consume less RAM, but it also side-by-side gives commendable security to your Windows computer from malware attacks. Besides this, it is also capable of speeding up the system and boosting its performance. Here are some of its useful features:
Key features of 360 Total Security
- Monitors system behaviour to identify hacking.
- Provides online shopping security.
- You also get privacy cleaner features.
- Additionally, it comes with Wi-Fi security features.
Price: $14.66/ year
7. Kaspersky Total Security
A Russian cybersecurity and antivirus solutions provider, Kaspersky Labs was founded by Eugene Kaspersky and Natalya Kaspersky in 1997. An award-winning antivirus program, Kaspersky Total Security is a lightweight antivirus that comes with splendid features to protect your Windows systems from malware.
Key features of Kaspersky Total Security
- Offers bank-grade encryption for online banking.
- Scans emails in real-time to detect phishing attacks.
- This antivirus tool is enabled with anti-ransomware and anti-spyware features.
- Parental control, in-built VPN, and webcam security feature are its other offerings.
Price: $11.47/year for 1 device
8. BullGuard Antivirus
Most lightweight antivirus has little to do when it comes to optimizing the PC performance for gamers. Well, BullGuard Antivirus is an exception undoubtedly as it can boost the PC’s performance significantly. Based in the United Kingdom, BullGuard offers a decent anti-malware engine, besides the following:
Key features of BullGuard Antivirus
- It comes with an in-built Firewall.
- You get excellent identity theft protection as it offers real-time credit monitoring via Experian’s international network.
- You can also utilize its cloud backup manager to back up your data.
- Additionally, it offers a VPN, internet security, and parental control features.
Price: $29.99/year for 1 device
9. Panda Free Antivirus
Panda Security is a Spain based cybersecurity company that was launched in 1990. This tool is really a lightweight solution that comes with less memory while running in the background continuously. It is also regularly updated to give your PC the best protection.
Key features of Panda Free Antivirus
- Panda Rescue Kit offers a free of cost backup function for your computer’s data.
- It provides a VPN function.
- With an in-built firewall, it prevents unauthorized access into the system.
- It also offers an excellent USB scanning facility.
Price: $10.67/ year for 10 devices
10. Comodo Free Antivirus
Headquartered in the United States, Comodo Security Solutions offers a globally certified antivirus solution called Comodo Free Antivirus. It is built with a zero-trust architecture and a heuristics engine. Find some of the most prominent features of the Comodo Free Antivirus below.
Key features of Comodo Free Antivirus
- It offers antispam, firewall, web protection, and anti-phishing protection features.
- Blocks host intrusion.
- Provides thorough on-demand scans, boot-time scans, and on-access scans.
- It can sandbox unknown programs and apps.
Price: $29.99/year for 1 device
11. TotalAV Total Security
With updated virus definitions and a powerful anti-malware engine, this antivirus software comes with some of the best-grade PC optimization tools. Being an award-winning antivirus provider, here are some of the most useful features of TotalAV Total Security.
Key features of TotalAV Total Security
- It provides commendable internet security.
- It comes with a VPN, ad blocker, and password manager features.
- PC optimization features include junk file cleaner of web browser, duplicate file cleaner, and app uninstaller.
- Furthermore, it also comes with an in-built startup program manager.
Price: $59/year for 6 devices
12. AVG Free Antivirus
This is another useful antivirus when you are trying to find the best lightweight antivirus software that provides optimum protection against malware. AVG, formerly, Anti-Virus Guard, is designed by AVG Technologies, which is a subsidiary wing of Avast. Following are the key highlights of the AVG Free Antivirus program
Key features of AVG Free Antivirus
- Offers an anti-spyware feature.
- Offers real-time automatic updates of virus definitions.
- It can block phishing attempts made via email attachments and also prevents the opening of unsafe links by triggering a warning.
Price: $59.99/year for 10 devices
So, with this, we are rounding up this article on the best lightweight antivirus that can address all forms of malware attacks and even zero-day threats in real-time.
Though Windows 10 comes with an in-built Windows Defender app, it is not enough when dealing with next-gen malware threats. Hence installation of a lightweight antivirus for Windows 10 can play a pivotal role in keeping it safe and devoid of performance issues.
What is the lightest free antivirus?
Avast Free Antivirus is the most lightweight antivirus in the antivirus program market today.
Which antivirus is best for online banking?
Bitdefender Total Security, Norton 360 Deluxe, and Kaspersky Total Security are known to offer the best protection for online banking.
Is there a lifetime antivirus?
Yes, some antivirus programs come with lifetime protection. Avast Free Antivirus comes with the best lifetime license in addition to Panda Free Antivirus, AVG Antivirus Free, and Bitdefender Antivirus Free.
Which antivirus is best for the PC?
There is plenty of antivirus in the market which can perform well against cybersecurity threats of all forms. However, the one that suits your requirements well would be the best antivirus for your PC.