Did your mouse stop working and you don’t know what to do? Read the blog to fix your mouse problems in Windows 10.
One of the most sensitive and most used parts is your touchpad which is attached to your laptop, or you can say if you are using the external mouse then you can consider that which is causing error sometimes due to some drivers misconfiguration and some hardware changes. You need to follow this guide to get a detailed solution for Mouse Not Working in Windows 10 issue.
Here is the task list you need to perform to Fix Your Mouse Problems
- Update or Reinstall the Touchpad Drivers
- Install the latest Drivers Utility
- You can roll back the drivers
- Activate the Élan
- Activate ETD Service
- Use Built-in Troubleshooter
- No delay Touchpad Settings
- Detach External USB Devices
- Power Management Settings
- Implement SFC Scan
How to Fix Mouse Not Working in Windows 10
1. Update or Reinstall the Touchpad Drivers.
If you want to Solve Mouse not working error then start the troubleshooting by updating or reinstalling the device drivers of the touchpad. Because You need to update your drivers frequently otherwise some functions didn’t work properly.
- Open the run command and search for Device Manager
- Type devmgmt.msc in Run and Hit Enter
- In the Device Manager Panel Find the Touchpad Drivers
- Expand the Driver Panel and Right-click on that Drivers
- Click on Update Driver
- Windows will Automatically Update your drivers, or you can manually insert the file of the driver by downloading it.
- After that Restart Your computer to see the effect.
2. Install the latest drivers utility
Installing the latest drivers utility with compatible version of your Windows OS. you can download the latest drivers from the official website of Microsoft and you can easily find the setup file which is suitable for your system. Download that file and install using the following steps.
- Open the folder that contains the driver setup file
- Now Right-click on that file and go to the Compatibility tab
- Check the current version of your system and run this utility as a compatibility mode
- Install that driver and check the changes are made or not and your issue will be resolved after completion of this process.
3. Rollback your Drivers
Sometimes a Newer version of the Driver update can cause an error in your touchpad utility. So you just need to roll back the new drivers with the older package to get the all settings back, and you can check your driver is running again or not.
You can do this rollback thing using the same thing as the Device manager option to roll back to a recent version of your utility and restart the computer to see the effect.
3. Activate ELAN
To activate the ELAN Service in your windows you need to follow these steps one by one
- Go to Windows Settings
- Find the Peripheral Devices then go to Mouse & Touchpad
- Now Scroll down to Additional Settings
- In the Mouse Properties settings Find the ELAN tab
- Now Click on that to Enable ELAN
4. Activate ETD Service
If your error still remains then try to activate the ETD Service using the below steps:
- Press CTRL +ALT+ DELETE to open the Task manager
- Go to the Services Tab
- Find ETD Service and Activate that
- Restart your system to check your error is resolved or not
5. Windows Troubleshooter
Windows Troubleshooter will detect the same common problems while working with the system scan it will give you a full analysis and detailed report of each issue while you are performing the whole system scan. One of the straightforward methods to solve your issue instantly using the Windows 10 Troubleshooter.
6. No delay Touchpad Settings
Increasing the touchpad sensitivity using the windows settings like Search for the Settings on your computer and find the Touchpad settings and click on that and increase the sensitivity level to improve your experience and solve the error.
7. Remove External hardware Devices
Removing the external hardware devices will give you a better experience and benefits because sometimes external hardware can cause the other driver’s requirements and system causing errors so better to be removing them from our system to resolve this kind of error in the future.
8. Power Management Settings
Power management settings mean if you need to improve the life of your hardware devices which is available on your computer, or you can say attach to your computer then you need to set up the proper Power management Functions to Resolve the stated query mouse is not working in Windows 10.
9. SFC Scan
SFC Scan is a mechanism that scans all the files and folders in the computer using the SFC/scannow command, and also it checks for the corrupted files and hardware configurations and resolves them with built-in functionalities to improve the life of your computer. SFC scan is one of the most underrated scanning and optimization processes to make your computer more efficient and powerful.
Conclusion – Mouse Not Working in Windows 10
So hereby we can say that there are lots of ways to solve the mouse not working issue in Windows 10, or you can fix that issue using the above methods and follow all the steps and procedures to get your things done in a minimum amount of time.