MSASCuil.exe is a part of Microsoft Windows 10 whose main function is to present the Windows Defender icon in the taskbar. It is an authorized process that was developed by Microsoft Windows OS in 2016. The program helps you in securing your files and data from cybercriminals. It protects our system from malware and spyware. MSASCuuil.exe is responsible for the protection of your PC from cyber attacks.
MSASCuil is known as Microsoft Antivirus Security Center User Interface Logo which runs at the system startup. But you can disable the MSASCuil.exe from running at the startup by following the below steps:
- Firstly, hold Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys together
- Now, choose the startup tab from the options.
- Search for the msascuil and choose disable.
What is MSASCuil.exe File
MSASCuil.exe is an antivirus program that plays an important role to ensure the safety of your system. You should not disable it as it makes your system free from malware attacks but in case it is affecting your system performance harshly than in that situation you can disable it.
In this article, we will discuss what is MSASCuil.exe, uses and if it is creating a virus then how to fix it by using different methods. Let’s get started.
File size and location
MSASCuil.exe is located in the given file:
The size of the file can be different according to the system it can be around 485 KB to 617 KB.
Use of MSASCuil.exe
The main purpose of MSASCuil.exe is to keep your system free from malware and virus. It assures the safety of your PC and keeps your data safe from threats. Basically, it acts as protection management which keeps an eye on the threats and protects your system from cyberattacks and keeps your system secure. It has the ability to detect all the viruses and malware that can harm your PC.
Is MSASCuil.exe is a Virus
MSASCuil.exe is a trustworthy and reliable program that gives us high protection against cyber threats. But sometimes hackers can do a little change in their name and can cause it a virus. The change cannot be noticed easily and thus our system got affected by malicious files. If you want to check whether it is a virus or not you can locate its location. If it resides in C:\Program Files\ Windows Defender then it is safe otherwise it is a virus. It is a Trojan that can cause severe harm to your system you can lose your privacy, steals your passwords, and leak your browsing safety. Thus you need to fix it as soon as possible to protect your data from hacking.
You should use antivirus software to scan viruses from your system. The software can easily detect viruses from your PC and remove them. When the MSASCuil.exe file is a threat for you then the antivirus software will detect it as a “false positive”.
Errors caused by MSASCuil.exe
Some of the errors caused by MSASCuil.exe are you are not able to register MSASCuil.exe, the file is corrupted or missing. When your system starts crashing without any reason then you should use the Resmon command. You need to follow some steps to give Resmon command:
- Firstly, click on the start icon and type CMD.
- When the command prompt window appears select Run as administrator from the option.
- Type Resmon command in the windows and press enter key.
This is one of the best ways through which you can know about the application which is taking high system resources.
How to remove and disable MSASCuil.exe it
If you are facing any error because of the process then there are several methods through which you can easily disable MSACCuil.exe from your system.
DISM.EXE/ Restorehealth Command
If you are using Windows 10 then this command will be available there. Following are the steps that should be followed to remove MSASCuil.exe:
- Firstly, hold Windows + R keys together to open the Run bar.
- Now, type cmd in the bar and hit enter key on the keyboard.
In the Administrative Command Prompt window type the command – DISM.exe / Online /Cleanup-image /RestorehealthWait for a few seconds to complete the process and then reboot your system.
Install update of MSASCuil.exe by Running the Windows update
- Firstly, press the Windows icon on the keyboard and then type check for updates and click on the first result.
- If any update is available on the page then click on install updates.
- Once you click on install updates it will take few seconds to install the updates in your system.
- At last when the process is completed reboot your PC.
If all the above methods are failed in fixing the issue then the last option that remains to solve the error is using system restore. Following are the steps that should be followed to use system restore to fix the bug:
- Firstly, click on the start icon and type system restore in the search bar and hit the enter key.
- If the administrator password message prompted then type the password.
- Now, follow the steps carefully which is provided by the system restore wizard to select an appropriate restore point.
In this article, we have discussed that what is MSASCuil.exe process and what is the use it and if it causes any trouble to your system then how to fix it. I hope this article would be useful enough to guide you regarding your queries.