Many Windows users have come across the error that they get the error Unable to Connect to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver when they are trying to access the Touchpad settings Or if they try to access the mouse properties.
The error Unable to Connect to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver mainly occurs if the device drivers that are installed become corrupt, or if the Synaptics drive device driver is missing from your computer. This error can also occur if the correct drivers are not installed for this particular device. We can fix the error Unable to Connect to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver by installing the updated and correct device drivers on the Windows system.
If the drivers installed get corrupted or they are not installed properly, then this might cause some features not to work, or sometimes you might have seen that the two-finger gesture is not working or if you are trying to select some items using the gestures, you get the error you are unable to do so. Well, we have the fix for this problem, Unable to Connect to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Probably there might be some factors due to which you are getting this error.
3 Ways To Fix Unable to Connect to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver
- You can try reinstalling the device drivers.
- You can try Granting administrative privileges to the software.
- And the last fix, you might need to re-install the Synaptics software.
1. Reinstall the device drivers
There might be some other cause like the drivers have become corrupt or they need an update, so that is why you get the error Unable to Connect to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. You can update the synaptic device drivers or you can reinstall the synaptic device drivers.
Update the Existing Device Driver
First of all please update the device drivers.
1. To do so, please go to the control panel and then select device manager.
2. Once you click on the device manager,
3. Go to the mouse and other pointing devices section.
4. Click on properties and click on Update Drivers.
5. If the update is available, then update the device drivers and restart your computer.
Run the software again to check whether the problem is fixed.
Reinstall the Device Driver
If the problem is fixed, you are good to go. If the problem still persists, then try reinstalling the device drivers. To reinstall the device drivers,
1. Go to the Device Manager section under the Control Panel.
2. Go to Mouse and other pointing devices section.
3. Click on the particular device driver which is not working properly.
4. Right-click on the driver and select uninstall the driver.
5. Once the device driver is uninstalled from your system,
6. Go to the manufacturer’s website and download the proper device drivers.
7. Then install the drivers either by the installer provided, or you can install the device drivers manually.
8. After you install the device drivers, restart your computer.
2. Grant administrator privileges to the software.
Synaptics software requires elevation, which means it requires administrator privileges to run properly. This might be the cause you are getting the error, Unable to Connect to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver. You can grant the administrator privileges to the software.
1. Go to the Task Manager. Then Go to the startup window.
2. Now, find the Synaptics service.
3. Right-click on the synaptics service and click on properties.
4. Now, go to the compatibility tab and click on Run as Administrator tick mark.
5. Save the settings and then restart your computer.
After you restart your computer then check if the error still occurs or if the problem is fixed
3. Reinstalling the Synaptics Software.
Before installing the new Synaptics Software, we need to uninstall the existing Synaptics software to allow the new version of Synaptics to take over.
You need to uninstall the existing Synaptics software from your Windows system. To uninstall the previous version of the software please please follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Go to Windows search and search for the Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, go to Programs and Features.
3. In this section, find the Synaptics software.
4. Once you find the software, right-click on the Synaptics software and click on Uninstall.
The uninstall wizard will pop up and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation. There is also another method for the uninstallation of the software. Go to the directory where the software is installed by right-clicking the software. Select go to file location after you right-click on the software icon. It will take you to the directory where the software is installed. Find the uninstaller of the Synaptics software by simply scrolling down in the directory. If not, find the uninstall folder. There you will find the uninstaller. Click on the uninstaller and provide elevation if required.
Follow the on-screen instructions for the uninstall. Once the uninstall process is finished, go to the manufacturer’s website and download the proper software for your Windows computer. Once the download is complete, go to the Downloads folder. Open the downloaded file and the installer will start. The installer will install the particular software of the Synaptics on your Windows system. Follow the onscreen instructions for the installation of the software. Once the installation is complete, restart your Windows computer to finish the installation. Check whether this process works.
These were the solutions about if the synaptic device drivers create the problem and the software is not working on your Windows system. Follow the procedure to fix Unable to Connect to Synaptics Pointing Device Driver.