Vulkaninfo.exe is a process that runs in the background of your system which is essential for the proper working of the graphics card. The latest graphics cards like AMD and NVIDIA use Vulkan Graphics API. This process is already installed in your system which comes along with the graphic cards that are used by your PC.
Graphics card plays an important role for the better-experiencing games. There are several games and programs which use graphic cards to run. The graphic card has its drivers which are already installed on your computer so that these drivers can work properly. The drivers are responsible for running several processes in the background of your system so that you don’t find an issue in playing games or run a program that uses a graphics card.
One of the processes is Vulkaninfo.exe which runs in the background of your system. This process is a part of Vulkan API which is presented by the latest graphics cards.
In this article, we will discuss the details of Vulkaninfo.exe why it is essential for your system and its uses it. Is it a virus if yes then how can you fix it? Everything we will discuss thoroughly in this article.
Also Read – Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10
What is Vulkaninfo.exe and its location
There are two types of Vulkaninfo.exe one is Vulkaninfo 32 which is created for [32 bit] Windows processor and Vulkaninfo 64 which is created for [64 bit] Windows. According to the bit processor, the file size can vary from 44 KB to 700 KB. You can find the Vulkaninfo.exe file in –
C:\Program Files (x86)\VulkanRT\126.96.36.199\
Uses of Vulkaninfo.exe
Vulkaninfo.exe is a section of the Graphics Driver which is available in AMD and NVIDIA graphics card. Vulkaninfo.exe runs in the background of your system. It is an application that is used by all those programs and games which uses graphics card to run. It is associated with Vulkan graphics API used by AMD and NVIDIA graphics driver.
Vulkaninfo process plays a crucial role when you want to run any program and play games that use graphic cards. The process continuously runs in the background of your system so that the graphics card can run smoothly.
Is Vulkaninfo.exe is a Virus
Vulkaninfo.exe is not a virus as it is a section of the device drivers which come downloaded along with the graphics driver. But in case it is taking a lot of High CPU or not present at its location then it may detect as a virus. So, to detect it as a virus you need to follow some steps:
- Firstly, hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys together to launch the Windows task manager.
- Now, navigate to the process tab and look for the vulkaninfo.exe process. Right-click on the vulkaninfo.exe process and choose go to file location.
- Now, a new window will appear with the location folder. Verify its location, if it is located in C:\Progrsm Files(x86)\VulkanRT\188.8.131.52\directory then it is ok. If not then there is a chance of error and your files stored in your system can be affected.
The error can be easily resolved by using anti-virus software. You just need to download the anti-virus software and install it in your system. Now, run a virus scan it will take few seconds to locate the virus and fix the problem.
How to Remove and Disable Vulkaninfo.exe
If you are facing troubles then you need to disable Vulkaninfo.exe from your Windows 10. Here we will discuss some methods through which you can easily stop the Vulkaninfo service.
Method 1: Stop Vulkaninfo.exe In Windows PC
You can stop and remove Vulkaninfo.exe services from Windows easily it is the easiest ways through which you can get rid of the error. Following are the steps that should be followed to do the process:
- Firstly, hold Windows + R keys together to open a Run bar.
- Now, write services.msc in the Run bar and hit the enter key.
- In the services utility window looks for the vulkaninfo.exe and right-click on it and choose the stop option.
- At last, shut the window and restart your system.
Delete Vulkaninfo.exe from the Windows System
After stopping the Vulkaninfo.exe services from the above method still, you are facing the same issue then you need to completely remove it from your PC. Following are the steps that should be followed to remove Vulkaninfo.exe from Windows PC:
- Firstly, hold Windows + I keys together to open the Windows system settings page.
- Now, click on the Apps option where all the apps and programs of your system are downloaded.
- Now write Vulkaninfo.exe in the search box and press enter key on the keyboard.
- At last, choose the Vulkaninfo.exe process and then tap on Uninstall option to remove it from the system completely.
If you don’t want to follow these methods then there are other steps that you can also follow to remove vulkaninfo.exe from your system:
- Navigate to the Device Manager.
- Now, Tap on display adapters from the list.
- Now, you need to click right-click on the option of Graphics card and choose to uninstall option.
- At last click on the Yes option to verify the process.
In this article, we have discussed Vulkaninfo.exe. We have mentioned all the details related to the process. Also, we have discussed the methods that can fix the errors caused by the vulkaninfo.exe process. The errors can be like consuming high CPU usage and slowing down the speed of your system. I hope this article would be helpful for you in guiding you about the uses of Vulkaninfo.exe in your system.