Users face Driver wudfrd failed to load error 219 when they upgrade their Windows version to Windows 10. This error occurs whenever the user restarts their PC and that is why it is vital to fix the issue. There are several ways you can get rid of the error 219.
In this article, we will discuss 5 methods through which you can easily fix Driver wudfrd failed to load error 219.
- Windows Update
- By updating Drivers
- By reinstalling USB controllers
- By enabling Windows Driver Foundation Service
- Hard Disk Hibernation
How to Fix Driver wudfrd failed to load error 219
Lets’ discuss the above methods in details and by following mentioned steps properly you can resolve Driver wudfrd failed to load error 219.
1. Windows Update
Windows Update can fix your many issues related to drivers so it can also solve your error 219. You need to perform steps manually to solve the driver wudfrd error. Below are the steps that you need to follow:
- Firstly, press Windows + I keys to open settings
- In the Windows, setting page look for the Update & security option and click on it.
- On the Windows Update page click on Check for update option.
When you click on Check for update option it will download all the pending updates and your error 219 will be resolved. Restart your computer to check if the error 219 is still occurring, if yes then you can go for other methods in the list.
2. By Updating Drivers
When you upgrade your Windows version to Windows 10 then several drivers become incompatible with the system at that time you need to update the drivers as well. One of the issues is error 219 which can be caused due to incompatible drivers. So, you can fix the error by updating drivers manually. Below are the steps that you need to follow for updating drivers:
- Open the Run dialog box and type devmgmt. msc and click ok to open Device Manager.
- Search for the driver which has an exclamation mark and click on update driver. Now, select Search automatically for updated driver software on the next page.
It will install the latest updates for the drivers once the updates are done the error 219 will resolve. Restart your computer to check the issue has been fixed or not, if no then you can choose other methods in the list.
3. By reinstalling USB Controllers
Sometimes because of the USB drivers, you can face the error 219 so you need to reinstall USB controllers to fix the error. Below are some steps that need to be followed to reinstall USB Controllers:
- Firstly, go to the device manager and open it
- When you land on the Device Manager page look for the Universal Serial Bus Controllers in the list and click on it to expand the category.
- Now, right-click on the first USB controller and select uninstall device, when a confirmation box appears click on OK to proceed.
- Repeat this step with all the USB controllers to uninstall them.
- When you uninstall all the USB controllers then restart your computer.
- After restarting your PC, Windows will automatically reinstall the USB controllers again.
This method is one of the best methods and by following these steps you will surely fix the driver wudfrd failed to load error 219. But if this doesn’t work for you and still you are facing the same issue then go for the other method.
4. By Enabling Windows Driver Foundation Service
Windows Driver Foundation Service is a crucial service for drivers. If this is disabled then you can face the error 219 so you need to enable it. Following are some steps to enable Windows Driver Foundation service:
- Press Win + R keys to open the run dialog box and type services. msc and click OK.
- Now, search for Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver framework in the list and double-click on it to open properties.
- When the properties window will appear to click on the general tab and change the startup type to automatic
- After that click on start under the service status.
- At last click on apply and OK.
Restart your computer to check if the error 219 is fixed or not. If you are still facing an error then you can go for another option to fix the problem.
5. Hard Disk Hibernation
By disabling Hard Disk Hibernation most of the users get rid of the error 219. It is one of the effective methods to resolve driver wudfrd failed to load error 219. Follow the below-given steps to disable Hard Disk Hibernation:
- Go to the start menu and search for Power options or you can simply press Windows + X keys
- Now, in the Power options window look for additional power settings and click on them and this will open the control panel.
- Click on the Change plan settings option this will open a new window of power options.
- Search for the hard disk option, click on it to expand and the turn off hard disk after change on battery and Plugged in to never.
- At last click on apply and ok.
After following the process restart your computer to check if the error is fixed or not. This method will surely help you in getting rid of error 219.
Conclusion On Driver wudfrd failed to load error 219 in Windows 10
In the above article, we have discussed the five methods through which you can fix driver wudfrd failed to load error 219. You can choose any of the methods as per your preference. I hope this article would help you in getting rid of error 219.