Avast is one of the popular antivirus applications originated by Avast for all systems like Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, and macOS. Avast was developed in the year 1991 and since then the application is used by people. Most people have faith in Avast and they install the application in their system to prevent malware. It can protect your system by scanning the antiviruses.
Your system will remain safe from viruses when you installed Avast on your device. It is a free antivirus program that you can install for free on your Mac. But there are many drawbacks to Avast so people are always in search of its alternatives. It can affect adversely your system and slow down all the processes. So it is the only solution to uninstall Avast on Mac.
How To Completely Uninstall Avast on Mac
People want to delete Avast on Mac for various reasons if you are one of them and want to uninstall the Avast on mac and are in search of the methods to uninstall it correctly then you have come across to the right platform. One of the easiest methods to uninstall Avast on Mac is to delete it by sending it in the trashcan. But deleting the application by putting it in the trash doesn’t help you as it doesn’t fully uninstall the app from your Mac.
At the time of installation of the Avast requires some files to be installed so that the app can work properly and when you delete Avast by just sending it to the trash it can uninstall the app but it will not delete those files. In that situation, one thing that comes to mind that how to uninstall Avast on Mac. In this article, you will let you know about two different methods to uninstall Avast on Mac which can completely delete the application with all the files easily.
Also Read –
Reason to Uninstall Avast On Mac
There are various reasons for which people want to uninstall Avast on Mac. Some of them are:
- Installing Avast can cause viruses
- It has slow-scanning process than other alternatives of Avast
- It consumes more data for operating
- It is not good at detecting viruses
- The app is not able to detect the hacker
1. Uninstall Avast on Mac using CleanMyMac
Cleanmymac X is the best way to uninstall Avast on your Mac. It will not only delete the app from your Mac but also all the associate files which have generated initially with the installation of Avast to run properly. You need to follow some steps carefully to uninstall the app from your Mac permanently. These steps are:
- You know that Avast runs in the background automatically so firstly you need to shut the application prior to uninstalling
- Now, download the Cleanmymac X Software. You can also Read Cleanmymac X Review from here
- Then install and start the application
- You will find several sections on the page of the Cleanmymac app
- Scroll down look at the left side of the page you will see the “applications” section, click on the Uninstaller right below the applications module
- A list of application will open containing all the installed apps in your system
- Search Avast in the list and hit the uninstall button
- Now Cleanmymac will delete the app from your Mac
Your Avast will be removed from the Mac easily but some files will be left behind. In that case, you need to remove them. For that, go to the Leftovers tab in the Uninstaller module. Choose all the remaining files and hit on the clean icon to remove them from your Mac. This is one of the easiest and best ways to clean Avast as well as all the unwanted data associated with Avast application.
If you don’t want to uninstall Avast through Cleanmymac X there is another alternative to removing it by manual method.
Also Read – Best iPhone And iPad Cleaner Apps
2. Uninstall Avast on Mac using the Manual method
There is another method to uninstall Avast on Mac is using the Manual method. So follow some steps to uninstall Avast by the manual method to completely delete Avast from your Mac.
- Firstly close the application which is running in the background of your Mac to delete it with no disturbance
- Now land on the application folder and search for the Avast in the list
- Delete the Avast from there
- Now to delete its associated files, land on the library folder and remove all its services files and folders
You can look for the subfolders mentioned below for the services files:
- Macintosh HD > Users ( present user) > > Library > Application Support > Avast
- Macintosh HD > Users ( present users) > > Library > Caches > com.avast.AAFM
- Macintosh HD > Users ( present users) > > Library > LaunchAgents > com.avast.home.userpront.plist
After completing all the steps and deleting the files, your Avast will be completely uninstalled Avast on your Mac.