When you update your Windows version to Windows 10 you might face the problem of USB not working. This is a common problem faced by many users after upgrading Windows 10 from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. It is necessary to fix the issue for the proper working of the USB 3.0 driver. If you don’t know how to resolve the issue then you are in right place. This error can easily be resolve by installing USB 3.0 drivers on Windows 10.
In this article, we will discuss some methods through which you can easily install USB 3.0 drivers on Windows 10.
How To Download and Update USB 3.0 Drivers for Windows 10
There are three methods to install the latest USB 3.0 Drivers one is manual which is time-consuming and also very risky and the other one is an automatic method in which you don’t require any computer skill and time. It is upon you which method suits you the best.
The three methods through which you can easily install USB 3.0 drivers on Windows 10 are:
- Install USB 3.0 driver via manufacturer site
- Install USB 3.0 Driver via Driver Booster
- Change USB Power settings
1. Install USB 3.0 Driver via manufacturer site
Using the manufacturer site for installing 3.0 USB drivers is a slightly difficult and time-consuming method. It requires patience and involves a lot of steps to install drivers. You need to know your model’s name and OS version to download drivers via the manufacturer site. Following are the steps that should be followed to install USB 3.0 Drivers via the manufacturer site:
- Firstly, navigate to the official website of the manufacturer and download the driver setup file. Now, extract the downloaded file to a particular location in your system.
- Go to the start icon and type Device Manager in the Run bar and click on the first result to open Device Manager.
- When the Device Manager window opens look for the Universal Serial Bus Controller option and click on it to expand the category.
- Now, find the device for which you need to install Windows 10 USB 3.0 driver.
Note: You will see a yellow exclamation mark or Unknown USB device error next to the device in case of a corrupted or missing driver.
- When you get the USB 3.0 device, right-click on it and click on Update driver software.
- On the next window click on the Browse my computer for driver software option.
- On the next page, you will see another option “Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer select it.
- After that click on Have disk option and then click on the Browse option to go to the location where you have saved the download USB 3.0 driver file.
- Now, select the .exe file and follow the given instructions to install the latest version of the USB 3.0 driver.
- At last, restart your computer to complete the installation process.
The manual method can be tough for those who don’t have adequate computer skills as there is a higher chance of downloading the wrong drivers. So if you are not sure to use this method then you can choose another method.
2. Install USB 3.0 Drivers via Driver Booster
When you want to update to the latest driver automatically then you must choose Driver Booster. Drive Booster requires two or three steps to install and update drivers and get rid of the driver’s related errors. It immediately scans the outdated, missing, or corrupted drivers. The scan speed is very quick and in just a few seconds it can scan all the outdated drivers. You need not worry if your internet connection is troubling you as it offers services in both offline and online mode. It is free software that can update your drivers easily without wasting time.
Driver booster is widely used software that helps in installing correct drivers for your system without requiring any specific detail. You need to follow some steps to update USB 3.0 drivers via Driver Booster:
- Firstly, download the Driver Booster and install it on your PC.
- Open the Driver Booster and click on the Scan option
- When you click on the Scan it will scan all the corrupted, missing and outdated drivers in few seconds.
- Look for the Windows 10 USB 3.0 Drivers and click on the update option given on the right-hand side.
- Driver booster takes few seconds to install and update the latest drivers.
3. Change USB Power Settings
In case updating the driver doesn’t solve the issue then there is only one solution left which is changing the Windows 10 Power settings. You need to follow some steps to change the Power settings:
- Press Window + R key to open Run bar and type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
- Now chose Universal Serial Bus Controllers and expand the list
- Right-click on USB Root Hub (USB 3.0) and select properties.
- Click on the Power Management tab and tick the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Lastly, click on OK and close the window.
- Restart your computer to check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Conclusion – Install, Download and Update USB 3.0 Driver
The above mentioned are some of the methods through which you can install USB 3.0 Drivers. You can choose any of the methods as per your preference. I hope the article would help you in fixing the error by installing USB 3.0 Drivers on Windows 10.