When your computer starts facing issues and errors in operating and lack in speed performance then it is time to reinstall graphics drivers to solve the issues. Graphics Drivers play a crucial role in game streaming and media functions like image and video. If your graphics drivers are outdated then you might face trouble in playing games and your system runs slower than before. If you want to reinstall the graphics driver on Windows 10 then you are at the right place.
Here we have listed the two best methods which can help you in reinstalling graphics drivers. Once you successfully reinstall graphics drivers all the errors, issues, and slower speeds of your computer will be solved.
How to Reinstall Graphics Driver on Windows 10
Uninstall the graphics driver
You can reinstall the graphics driver manually for that you need to first uninstall the driver. You can use Device Manager to uninstall the graphics driver. Below are some steps that you must follow to uninstall the graphics driver:
- Firstly open the Device Manager by pressing Win+R (the Windows logo key and R key) to open the run command
- Then type devmgmt.msc then hit enter key to open device manager.
- Now look for the display adapters in the list and double-click on it.
- It will show you the graphics card name and then right-click on the card name and click on Uninstall device among the options.
- Now, a dialogue box will appear to confirm uninstall device, then click on the Delete the driver software for this device option and at last click Uninstall.
- When the uninstalling process completed going to the next step to proceed with reinstall the graphics driver.
You can reinstall the Graphics Driver in Windows 10 by using two methods one is a manual method and another one is performing an automatic scan for updated graphics driver. In a manual method, you can download and install graphics driver by PC manufacturer and for automatic scan, you need to select a third-party tool like Driver Booster. To use a manual method you must know your Graphics card model and OS version. If you know the exact details then only follow this method otherwise you can go for the other method.
Method 1- Install a new graphic driver using Driver Booster
Using Driver Booster would be a great choice if you don’t have time or you are lacking in computer skills. Driver Booster is free software that can automatically scan all the outdated drivers and install the latest drivers that can fix your problems easily.
It takes very few seconds and you need not be an expert in doing so. If you are using a driver booster to reinstall the graphics driver in Windows 10 then it is not necessary to know the details like the OS version and the graphics card model it will automatically know everything about your system.
Driver Booster is one of the best software that will help you in installing the correct graphic drivers for your PC and solve your all troubles. Below are some steps that you need to follow to use Driver Booster to reinstall graphic drivers:
- Download and install Driver Booster on your PC on your system.
- After installing it in the system launch it.
- When the Driver Booster software opens click on the “Scan” option.
- When you click on “scan” it will gather all the outdated or missing drivers on your PC.
- Click on the “Update Now” option to update all the outdated graphics drivers in your system.
Installing graphic drivers using a driver booster is very easy and at just two steps you can simply install graphic drivers on your PC.
Method 2- Reinstall Graphics Driver using PC manufacturer
Firstly visit the PC manufacturer’s website or the graphics card maker’s site and then just search for the exact PC model of the display card driver along with the OS of your PC.
Now just download the auto executable file and further run the setup file to install the graphics driver software on your system.
Final Thoughts On Reinstall Graphics Driver on Windows 10
In the above article, we have discussed the two methods to download and reinstall graphic drivers in Windows 10. Both the methods are best on their own you can choose one of them according to your wish. I hope this article will help you in reinstalling the graphics driver in Windows 10.