When you update your Windows to Windows 10 then you can find an issue related to audio and sound at that time you need to update your audio drivers for Windows 10. Outdated drivers can cause trouble and several types of errors to your system. There are many methods through which you can easily download and update the latest audio drivers for Windows 10.
In this article, we will discuss three methods to update audio drivers in Windows 10.
- Through Device manager
- Update via Manufacturer website
- Update automatically via Driver Booster
How To Update Audio Drivers In Windows 10
Let’s begin with the methods to download audio drivers, each method will be described in details and every step will be given one by one, if properly followed then you can easily update audio drivers in Windows 10.
1. Through Device Manager
You can use Device Manager to download audio drivers manually. Below are some steps that should be followed to update audio drivers on Windows 10:
- Click on the start icon and type Device manager in the search box or right-click on the computer window and choose Properties from the options and click on Device manager.
- On the Device Manager page, go for the sound, video and game controller option and click on it.
- Now, double-click on the audio driver that you want to update.
- Click on the Driver tab and then click on update driver. Choose Search automatically for updated driver software. In case it doesn’t update audio drivers then repeat the process and select Browse my computer for driver software.
- When you downloaded the driver you need to install it with the installer and in case there is no installer then you have to extract the downloaded file.
- When you extracted the file, navigate to the Update driver page and select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer option.
- Now, click on Have Disk after that Browse.
- Look for the extracted file and click on the next option to install the audio drivers in your system.
After following the above steps your audio drivers are successfully installed in your Windows 10. If you find these steps difficult or time-consuming then you can go for another method.
2. Update via Manufacturer website
Update audio drivers on Windows 10 via the Manufacturer’s website could be easier than updating from Device Manager. It is also a manual method where you should have to follow some steps to download audio drivers. For using the manufacturer website for updating audio drivers you must know the exact details of your system like the device driver name you want to update or the OS version of your PC.
Entering wrong information can install wrong drivers and cause more troubles. Below are some steps that you need to follow to download audio drivers:
- Navigate to the device manufacturing official website.
- Now search for the device driver or search for the OS version of your device in the search bar.
- In the audio section search for the audio driver and update the audio drivers to the latest versions.
If you don’t want to use this method as well then you can go for the next method which is using a third-party tool to update audio drivers in Windows 10.
3. Update automatically via Driver Booster
Driver Booster is one of the best third-party software that is using by most people for automatically updating drivers to the latest versions. It is free software that supports Windows 10/8.1/7/Vista/XP. It also helps you in updating drivers when you don’t have an internet connection as it provides updating drivers in both online and offline PC.
Driver Booster offers a fast scanning process thus it consumes less time. It takes few seconds to scan outdated, missing or corrupted drivers which are causing errors in your system. There is no chance of downloading the wrong drivers as it provides you assurance of downloading the correct drivers for your system. It is the great software that helps you in installing the latest drivers automatically. Below are some steps that you need to follow for updating audio drivers in Windows 10:
- Download the Driver booster software
- When the Driver Booster window will open you will see a scan option there, click on it.
- Clicking on scan allow driver booster to scan all the outdated, missing and corrupted drivers in your system automatically.
- It takes only a few seconds to complete the process. When the scanning process completes it will show you a list of outdated, missing or corrupted drivers.
- Look for the Sound, video and game controllers and click on the update option on the right-hand side.
- Now, all the audio drivers will be successfully installed in your system.
Using Driver Booster is quite easy and in just two or three steps you can install the appropriate drivers for your system to avoid errors.
Final Thoughts On Updating Audio Drivers In Windows 10, 8 and 7
In the above article, we have discussed three methods through which you can download and update audio drivers for your system to avoid sound issues and a better sound experience. Although each method is best on its own I suggest using Driver Booster to update audio drivers in Windows 10. Driver Booster is the best software and you need to have enhanced computer skills and more time to download audio drivers.
Other methods are also good but you need to do it manually and you must know some of the details to install the latest drivers. So there is a chance of error if you don’t know the exact detail. For avoiding errors and fixing the issue I suggest you use Driver Booster. I hope the article would help you in installing the correct audio drivers for your system and fixing all your troubles.
- Update AMD Drivers in Windows 10
- Update Xbox One Controller Drivers for Windows 10
- Download Xbox 360 Controller Driver In Windows 10
- Logitech Mouse Driver Download for Windows 10
- Install and Download Bluetooth Drivers in Windows 10
- Reinstall Graphics Driver on Windows 10
- PCI Simple Communications Controller Driver Issue
- Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10